Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fairy Gardens {Curated Hometalk Board}

With spring just around the corner, flowers, herbs and container gardens are on my mind!  
One of my favorite kinds of container gardening is a Fairy Garden.  In fact, one of my most popular posts is my Fairy Garden in a Container
Liz at Hometalk contacted me and ask me to curate a board on Fairy Gardens and I was more than happy to comply.  If you are not on Hometalk, what are you waiting for?  It's a great place to get a lot and I do mean a LOT of information all in one place.  Hometalk also offer advice from professionals and has places to ask questions and get answers.  Hometalk is also a great place to grow your blog.  I get great traffic from Hometalk's website and from their Facebook page.  If you don't have an account there, it is super easy to set one up, so get on it! 
There are some great posts on Fairy Gardens at Hometalk that will give you tons of tips and tricks.   One of the most important ones I've learned is to be sure to allow enough room for your Fairy Garden to grow and I'll show you a before and after pic of mine at the end of this post.
The graphics people at Hometalk made this great pinnable graphic for this post.  You can just click anywhere on the board below and see more about these gorgeous Fairy Gardens at Hometalk.
http://www.hometalk.com/b/7035458/fairy-gardens
Aren't these Fairy Gardens wonderful and creative?  I think what amazes me the most is the different types of containers people use and the clever things that they make to put in them.  That little blue miniature chandelier is just fabulous!  The suitcase as a container is so fun! 
Just be sure to leave plenty of room for your garden to grow because they are happy little things and can really expand in their containers.  Here is a picture of mine at the beginning of the season and towards the end.
Now head on over to my Hometalk Fairy Garden Board and check out all the tips and tricks for making your own fabulous Fairy Garden!
Thank you Hometalk for this wonderful opportunity!

21 comments:

  1. Great inspirations, Danni! I had a fairy garden at my old home and it started with putting a "door" on the base of a tree. Looking at all the wonderful ones here, including yours (again), I am inspired to try my hand on making another one. I love, love, love, Hometalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, those are all great...I am so in love with the suitcase one! (Yes yes, Hometalk peeps are pretty enthusiastic. I think I have 150K views on one of my posts there. Same post on the blog, 500 views. Interesting - and a little disconcerting!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE fairy gardens. Ours in a wheelbarrow so we can move it around and enjoy it when we are sitting in different places. What fun ideas I found here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made a fairy garden, but I think this needs to be one of my spring projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful inspiration! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Danni - you know that's why I started my Fairy Village, right? Yours was the first one I saw in Bloglandia !
    Still love it ! Off to check them out on hometalk
    Congratulations !
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved your fairy garden, Danni ! Lovely curated board :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to make a fairy garden. This is some great inspiration Danni! I really like all of the different containers. Of course I love your garden. So cool to see how the plants grow in. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all this fairy business. But I honestly no NOTHING about Hometalk except the fact that some people can leave some nasty comments on their FB page. But now I must go see. And I guess I must sign up.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son and I can't wait to start our outdoor fairy garden this spring! We have had an indoor one for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work, Madame Curator. I've been making fairy gardens for a while now as gifts. In fact I have one to put together this weekend for a neighbor's birthday, it will be interesting to see what type of plantage I can come up with in February. Half the fun is scouring thrift stores and garage sales for fairy paraphernalia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little fairy garden. Thanks for all the inspiration. I may do one of these this summer. They are adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love little fairy gardens :) So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great inspiration, they're all so pretty and I especially love the garden in a suitcase.
    Your fairy garden is perfect, it reminds me of bonsai, an art form that I never managed to master but I see that similar results can be achieved with a fairy garden, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really are so cute and you can be as creative as you want. Which in your case, is always very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yours was the first fairy garden I saw Danni. I loved it then and I love it now. I think I need to have one this year. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm heading over to Hometalk to check out your collection. I can see what you mean about giving them room to grow. I loved yours when you first posted, and now it's so pretty and all grown up. I've never made my own, but I think this would be a fun project to do with my nieces and nephews, not to mention the fun of thrifting for fairyland goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fairy gardens are so lovely. Love yours. I didn't realize that I wasn't following you on home talk. Fixed that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The best and safest payment method to use when shopping online is a credit card. Should the unfortunate happen and someone gets a hold of your personal information, you are protected by The Fair Credit Billing Act. This means you can fight any unauthorized charges on your card and without payment when an investigation is taking place. play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post,
    Thanks to share lots of information with us.If you want to try vaping but you don’t know where to begin, then a smok starter kit is most likely what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Long-term use of cigarettes will do harm to the lungs, and second-hand smoke will also affect the health of others, so it is advocated to ban the use of cigarettes. E-cigarettes can be used instead.steam crave plus and Smok Vape Pod products are cheap, durable and healthier than cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete