Thursday, August 30, 2012

FALL WREATH #2

Ahhhhh!  I love these cooler mornings!   We are still seeing temps in the 90's in the day, but the mornings and evenings are just beautifully cool and a welcome reminder that Fall is just around the corner!  If that's true, I'd better get crackin on a few more projects because I have a lot of Fall and Halloween ideas!  Since I'm welcoming Fall, I thought maybe I'd better make a pretty Fall wreath for my front door to welcome my friends!


Remember this basic burlap wreath I first showed you how to make HERE?  It was one of my most popular posts. The secret of this wreath is that it can be redecorated for any season! I'm telling you, I have redecorated that wreath so many times!  So why not use it for a base for my fall wreath?  Seems like a good idea to me! 

Keeping in mind that you'll want to take this wreath back to basics after the fall season, remember to use straight pins to attach your ribbon, flowers and leaves.  If you want to add something a little heavier or more awkward, like the cat tails, you can make U-shaped pins from floral wire in about 2 seconds.  Works like a charm for those kinds of attachments.

So before  I go, let me just show you a few of my other projects using this very same wreath.  
St. Patrick's Day
Easter
4th of July
Fall Wreath
That is the same wreath redecorated 4 ways!  I love a project that I can reuse.  Even more, I love being able to just pull that wreath out and get started on decorating it without having to make the base first.  
You'll be seeing this wreath again soon.....but it might look a little creepier!
Visit thecsiproject.com Linking up to any or all of these fine parties:

33 comments:

  1. Love the colors in your fall wreath. All your wreaths are beautiful. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your wreath looks good in just about anything :). Love the latest look and can't wait to see the next look as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your wreaths are great! Hope you get a chance to link up to our Countdown to Fall link party again! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_08_27_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading my post to adoptive/foster moms and I'm so glad you were encouraged by it. My desire is to always be an encourager for mom who struggle or have struggled through the battle of winning a child's heart. God bless you for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that you like wreaths as much as I do! Your wreaths are just beautiful ! I am your newest follower, and am looking forward to seeing your "scary wreath"!! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love it! I am following you now and excited to. I love finding new blogs. Come on by my blog. It is a craft competition blog. This week the challenge is Family Fun Photography week. Check out our challenge calendar.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this, this morning??? It has been a crazy day! I love how you change your wreath for the seasons and holidays! What a clever idea. Love the fall wreath, I've always like cattails :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so welcoming on this wreath. Though if I was this wreath I would run away and hide before Danni ripped my clothes off and redecorated me. Can't wait to see what she will wear for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is gorgeous Danni - you're the wreath guru! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna make a new wreath for fall, thanks for the inspiration :)

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you can reuse it! Great job! Those flowers are my favorite part - makes me wish for fall. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there I'm your newest follower from 'NO RULES Weekend Blog Party'. Stop by my page when you get a chance =D

    Lotte xoxo
    bericebaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your wreaths, but the colors in the fall wreath are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That wreath is s cute, all of them are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fall wreath is so adorable. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! And I love that you incorporated cat tails into this wreath! I've never seen that done before :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danni - Are you taking orders?! :O) I REALLY love your St. Patrick's Day wreath!!! Beautiful job on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I'd love for you to share it at Mix it up Monday:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/09/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look great and I used the burlap ribbon on one of my wreaths and plan to make another. Thanks for sharing. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice to see a bright, cheery fall wreath! Thanks for posting on the Gunny Sack!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea to reuse the same wreath!! LOVE that and the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving all of your Fall decor and this wreath is so pretty! Thanks for sharing all of your goodies with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your wreath is so pretty. I guess I know who to take some of my fall decor cues from. Thanks for sharing!!!
    I'm a new follower from the Girlish Whims Hop.

    Ashley
    http://www.supremelydivinelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your fall wreath!! It is super cute!! Your newest follower from threekendrickblessings.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am loving the colors you used in the fall wreath! I can't wait for fall! Thank you for sharing at our
    Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is perfect! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh what a pretty wreath!

    Found you on Make it Pretty Monday at the Dedicated House :)
    Looking forward to more projects from you!

    Stop by and see me a http://www.mywatermelonmoon.com/
    Happy Crafting!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you change the wreath to fit the season! It's neat to see your take on each season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love love love the fall wreath Danni.. The cat tail is too cool.. I love those things :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders link party! Hope to see you back on Thursday Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute, Danni!! You really know how to make pretty wreaths!

    I've pinned this!

    ReplyDelete